Why EAC Presidents have to assent to the Gender Bill
EAC Gender and Development Bill is to advance Gender Equality across the 6 EAC Partner states in the economic, political, social and cultural spheres. The bill will benefit women and men by consolidating into one legally binding document, the various instruments to which the EAC partner states are party or signatory at the continental and International levels.
Gender equity is not only a fundamental human right, but a pre-condition for sustainable development. Providing women and girls with quality education, health care, decent work, access and ownership rights over property and technology, and equal participation in political and economic decision-making processes will lead to social, economic and environmental sustainability across the globe.
The goal of the campaign is to contribute gender equity and sustainable development in the EAC partner states. As EASSI, we strive to ensure that Gender equality is a human right, equality before and under the law; equality of opportunity in economic, political, social and other fields, equality in dignity (internal worth) of the person between men and women.
Learn more about the Gender Bill and Gender Policy
- New Vision- EAC gender policy launched in Arusha
- East African Community- EAC launches Gender Policy
- EASSI Eastern Africa Sub Region- EAC Gender Bill to become Law in November 2018
- EABW Digital- East African Community Launches Gender Policy
- ChimpReports- EAC Launches Gender Policy, Calls For Equality
- All Africa- East Africa: Finally EAC Inaugurates Gender Policy
- EASSI Eastern Africa Sub Region- The EAC Gender Policy Launched in Arusha, Tanzania
- Eve Digital- Win for women as East Africa Community Gender Policy is launched
- Daily Nation- EAC launches policy to bridge gender gap
- Eve Woman- EAC Gender Policy Launch
- EAC GENDER POLICY LAUNCHED IN ARUSHA