About the Amplifying Women’s Voices in the East Africa Region project
Amplifying Women’s Voices in the East Africa Region project aims to address issues by building the capacity of women’s rights organizations and other EASSI network members in the East Africa region to hold member states to account for their gender equality commitments. This will be achieved by lobbying Heads of Member states to ratify the proposed regional Gender and Development Act which is expected to be translated into binding national level policies and laws to align them with regional and international standards.
- Media campaigns on Gender barometer
- 20 gender champions trained to use the gender barometer as an evidence based advocacy tool to lobby member states.
- Champion-led trainings conducted
- Dialogue meetings with ministers
- Monitoring and assessing reports in collaboration with the foundation.
- Civil society voices strengthened at national and regional levels.
- Gender Equality and Development Act assented to by the EAC Heads of States.